WinTV-soloHD triple mode TV Tuner
For Freeview HD (DVB-T2), Freeview (DVB-T) and DVB-C digital TV
Plug the WinTV-soloHD into a USB port on your Windows PC or laptop and you can watch, pause & record Freeview High Definition and Standard Definition TV. The WinTV-soloHD can receive Freeview HD (DVB-T2), Freeview SD (DVB-T) and "free-to-view" digital cable TV (DVB-C) on your Windows PC.
In addition to live over-the-air Freeview HD TV(DVB-T2), the WinTV-soloHD can also receive DVB-T. If you live in an area which does not broadcast the high definition DVB-T2 signal yet, you can watch the standard Freeview DVB-T and upgrade to DVB-T2 when it comes to your area.
Live TV for Windows and Plex based systems (Windows, the Nvidia Shield and Linux systems)
Use the WinTV-soloHD to get live free over-the-air TV for Plex: watch and record local TV programs with Plex. Use your Plex Media Server as the ultimate DVR. WinTV-soloHD runs with Plex in Linux, Android and Windows. Also for the Nvidia Shield with Plex and Android.
Never miss your favourite TV show again!
The WinTV-soloHD comes with the WinTV v10 application for Windows. With WinTV v10, you can watch or record your favourite TV programs in your PC, in a window or full screen. TV recordings made with the WinTV-soloHD are recorded in the original digital format, without any loss in quality. Recordings can be scheduled with the built-in TV scheduler in WinTV v10.
The WinTV-soloHD turns your PC into a high definition DVR
Plug the WinTV-soloHD into your PC and turn it into a digital video recorder (DVR). With the included WinTV v10 application, you can watch HD or SD TV on your PC screen, in a window or full screen. A built-in Electronic Program Guide (EPG) allows you to see what's on TV now and what's coming up. Schedule TV recordings with WinTV v10's built-in TV scheduler. Pause live TV and record your favourite TV programs in the full digital TV format.The WinTV-soloHD is fully backward compatible to DVB-T and delivers outstanding reception for both DVB-T and DVB-T2 broadcast standards.
Note: the WinTV-soloHD is for digital TV only and does not support analogue TV
If you need analogue TV, the WinTV-HVR products (such as the WinTV-HVR-935) include analogue TV. The HVR stands for 'hybrid video recorder' and all WinTV-HVR's have both analogue and digital TV reception.
- Triple mode TV receiver: Freeview HD (DVB-T2), Freeview (DVB-T) and free-to-view digital cable (DVB-C)
- Plugs into the USB port on your laptop or desktop PC
- Watch and record free Digital Terrestial TV on your Windows PC in HD (DVB-T2) and SD (DVB-T)
- Record your digital TV programmes in the original digital quality
- Improved TV receiver with superior over-the-air TV reception
- Status indicator LEDs showing that the tuner is loaded into Windows plus signal strength
- Includes the new WinTV v10 application for Windows, for TV in a window or full screen
- Support for DVB-T radio
- Remote control
Linux support for the WinTV-soloHD is in kernel 3.16. For more information, please see here.
WinTV-soloHD Specs and System Requirements
WinTV v10, the new TV application for Windows, with TV pause and recording
Supported broadcast TV standards: DVB-T2, DVB-T, DVB-C
Stereo / dual channel sound
Antenna input: IEC connector
PC connection: USB 2.0/3.0
TV recording format: Transport stream (the original transmitted format, without any quality loss)
- Microsoft® Windows 10, 8, 7® or Windows Vista with latest Service Pack, 1 GB RAM
- For use with Plex, requires Plex Media Server. For the Nvidea Shield, requires firmware version 5.2 or later
- USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port
- Internet connection, for software download and activation
WinTV-soloHD Model numbers
model 01589: WinTV-soloHD, for DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C TV reception
Included in the box
- WinTV-soloHD TV tuner, USB 2.0 / USB 3.0 compatible
- Portable TV antenna
- Remote control (with batteries)
- USB extension cable
- WinTV v10 Activation Code
- Quick Installation guide