WinTV v8 application for the WinTV-quadHD
With support for four tuner picture-in-picture
A valid WinTV v8 or WinTV v7 application CD-ROM or a WinTV v8 installation code will be needed to install this WinTV v8 version. If you do not have your original WinTV CD-ROM but would like to update to WinTV v8, you can purchase a new WinTV v8 CD on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95. This can then be used to activate WinTV v8.
If you have a WinTV v8 or WinTV v7.2 CD-ROM with Extend, the latest version of WinTV v8 with Extend will also be installed.
WinTV v8 application and TV tuner driver download package
WinTV v8 installer
For Windows 10, 8, and 7
File name: wintv8setup_35068.exe
Version: 35068 | File size: 122 MB | Date: Mar. 15, 2017 Release notes
This download is a complete installation package, including drivers for supported WinTV products plus the WinTV v8 application and utilities.
To install the WinTV v8 application
- Download the WinTV v8 installer to your PC. After downloading this file, it's normally saved in the Download directory on your PC
- Insert your original valid WinTV v8 or WinTV v7 CD in your CD-ROM drive or have available your WinTV serial key
- Run wintv8setup from the Download directory on your PC
- At Activation required, click Check WinTV v7 CD if you have a WinTV v8 or v7 CD or clickEnter Serial Number if you have a WinTV serial key
This will complete the driver and application installation for your WinTV.
To install WinTV v8 on a PC or laptop without a CD-ROM drive
If your PC or laptop does not have a CD-ROM drive, do the following:
- At the conclusion of the installation a dialog box will pop up saying "Activation required"
- Click Enter Product Code
- You will find the Product code on your WinTV v7 Installation CD
- Enter the Product code including dashes and dots
To find your Product Code
Look at the following guide for finding your product code
- Minimum window size is now smaller.
- ATSC recordings in North America now show Now/Next program information.
- Now showing the recording details and allowing editing of start/finish time, when scheduling from the TV Guide.
- Added a text search field on the Favorites screen.
- Now works with the PCTV 292e for DVB-T2/T/C television
- Now for the WinTV-dualHD and WinTV-soloHD
- Fixed bug with "open scheduler only" window not scheduling correctly.
Size: 12.8 MB
To install the latest Windows driver only:
Leave your WinTV-HVR plugged into your PC. Follow the following steps:
- Download the Windows driver above.
- Double click the downloaded driver. This will install the Windows driver.
- At the completion of the driver install, you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated successfully.
At this point, the Windows driver will be installed.