- Model Numbers
- System Requirements
- Watch Freeview digital TV programmes on your laptop or desktop PC screen, in a resizable window or full screen. Freeview digital TV does not require a PayTV subscription. DVB-T digital TV gives you better pictures and CD quality sound.
- Pause digital TV with instant replay.
- Record digital TV programmes to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2 compression. Play them back on your PC screen at any time.
- Schedule TV recording using WinTV-Scheduler or the free 7 day EPG (Electronic Programme Guide). See a guide of upcoming digital TV programmes. Schedule TV recordings with a single click of the mouse!
- Listen to Digital stereo radio* on your PC or laptop.
- Media Center compatible. Watch and record TV with Microsoft’s Windows Media Center*.
- Includes Hauppauge’s IR remote control for easy control of WinTV or Microsoft Media Center application (on some models).
- Includes a portable antenna* so you can watch digital TV at home or away (on some models).
Watch & record Freeview digital TV on your PC or laptop!
Digital Television is the TV of the future, available today*! It provides sharper TV pictures and near CD quality audio. WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick turns your laptop or PC into a high quality Freeview digital TV receiver!
WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick is simple to connect to your notebook or PC. Just plug it into your computer’s USB 2.0 port, connect a digital TV aerial, install the WinTV applications and you're ready to watch and record high quality digital TV on your computer screen!
Enhanced DVB-T reception. Inside the WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick is the latest, highly sensitive, DVB-T receiver for the best TV reception. And we include a small portable DVB-T antenna for watching digital TV away from home.
WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick, your personal Digital Video Recorder. Record digital TV programmes to disk, and play them back to your PC screen in full original digital quality*. Schedule digital TV recordings on a daily, weekly or once only schedule with WinTV-Scheduler. And the included 7 day Electronic Programme Guide makes recording TV even easier, with a single click of your mouse.
WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick includes our new WinTV application with an improved user interface with clearer controls and a new "taskbar" to record, pause and play TV. In addition, the latest software allows the ergonomic remote control to function as a full Windows Vista Media Center remote control, including the "Green Button" and quick access to Guide, Music, Video and Pictures.
- For Digital Terrestrial reception, a high gain aerial is recommended. The WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick uses a rooftop aerial for DVB-T reception in the same way that most people currently receive their analogue television programmes. Some viewers will need to replace their aerials to receive digital transmissions if the installation is old or in poor condition. Digital Terrestrial coverage is improving all the time as digital terrestrial television transmitters are continuously being updated. However it may take some time for coverage to reach particular areas of the country. To check if you receive a digital transmission in your area, input your Post Code at: http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/
- DVB-T Radio is not DAB Radio.
- The WinTV-NOVA-T Stick supports DVB-T TV not DVB-T2.
- To use the WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick for TV with the Windows XP Media Center application a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder is required. If you are building a Media Center PC, refer Microsoft's web site for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only. The enclosed remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace Media Center remote control.
model 00294: WinTV-NOVA-T Stick with DVB-T support and English manual
Included in the box
- WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick USB2 adapter, with highly sensitivity DVB-T tuner.
- IR remote control transmitter and 2 batteries (not included in some models).
- Portable antenna (not included in some models)
- Software on CD-ROM.
- Quick Installation Guide.
- Minimum processor 1.2 GHz Intel® or equivalent.
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32/64bit), Vista (32/64bit) or Windows XP Service Pack 3.
- Graphics with 64 MB of memory (minimum).
- Sound card or on board sound.
- USB 2.0 port (will not work with USB 1.1).
- CD-ROM drive (for Software installation).