- Model Numbers
- System Requirements
Watch and Record Freeview Digital TV on your PC!
- Watch Freeview digital TV on your PC, in a window or full screen. Digital TV offers sharper picture and clearer sound!
- Record Freeview digital TV to disk in DVD quality. Playback to your PC screen. Pause digital TV, too!
- Includes our new ergonomic Remote Control.
WinTV-NOVA-T PCI features
- Watch, pause and record Freeview Digital TV on your PC - in a window or full screen.
- Record digital TV programmes to disk using high quality MPEG compression. Playback your TV recordings at any time to your PC screen, in a window or full screen. Schedule your Freeview digital TV recordings with WinTV-Schedule.
- Listen to DVB-T radio on your PC. WinTV-NOVA-T PCI can also receive DVB-T stereo radio.
- Includes the Hauppauge IR remote control for easy control of the TV functions.
Receive Freeview Digital terrestrial TV on your PC!
WinTV-NOVA-T PCI brings Freeview digital terrestrial television to your PC! Watch digital TV on your PC screen, in a window or full screen, with excellent digital video quality and near CD quality audio.
WinTV-NOVA-T PCI lowers the cost of digital TV reception by using your PC’s processor to decode the TV image. Watch digital TV on your PC while running other PC’s applications. Surf the net while you watch high quality digital TV!
WinTV-NOVA-T PCI, your personal Digital video recorder. With WinTV-NOVA-T PCI, you can record your Freeview digital TV programmes to your hard disk, and play them back in full original digital quality!
The programmes are recorded digitally in an MPEG-2 format and can be played back in a window or full screen on your PC. Recording a 1 hour programme with WinTV-NOVA-T takes approximately 1.6GB of hard disk space. You can also record 3 hours of Digital TV on a DVD recordable, or approximately 20 hours of video on a 30GB hard disk.
Never miss your favourite digital TV programmes again! Schedule your TV programmes with the WinTV-Scheduler. Record on a daily, weekly or random schedule.
Why Digital TV? Digital Television is the TV of the future. Building on your existing five TV channels, digital television offers many high quality free channels including E4, BBC Choice, ITV2, BBC Knowledge and BBC News 24, with others on the way.
Digital terrestrial television is a robust, all-digital system, unlike the current PAL TV system which is analogue. For the first time, studio quality television can be viewed on your desktop. TV aerials are used to receive DTT, and thanks to this new form of transmission in the UK, interference-free reception is now possible. No more ghosting or video noise. You get crystal clear TV pictures! Many digital programmes are also broadcast in wide screen format, so the viewing experience is even better.
- For Digital Terrestrial reception, a high gain aerial is recommended. The WinTV-NOVA-T PCI uses a rooftop aerial for DVB-T reception in the same way that most people currently receive their analogue television programmes. Some viewers will need to replace their aerials to receive digital transmissions if the installation is old or in poor condition. Digital Terrestrial coverage is improving all the time as digital terrestrial television transmitters are continuously being updated. However it may take some time for coverage to reach particular areas of the country. To check if you receive a digital transmission in your area, input your Post Code at: http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/
- DVB-T Radio is not DAB Radio.
- The WinTV-NOVA-T PCI supports DVB-T TV not DVB-T2.
- To use the WinTV-NOVA-T PCI for TV with the Windows XP Media Center application a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder is required. If you are building a Media Center PC, refer Microsoft's web site for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only. The enclosed remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace Media Center remote control.
model 00909: WinTV-NOVA-T PCI with DVB-T support and English manual
Included in the box
- WinTV-NOVA-T PCI card with built-in DVB-T receiver.
- IR remote control transmitter and 2 batteries.
- IR remote control receiver cable.
- Software on CD-ROM.
- Quick Installation Guide.
- Minimum processor 1.5 GHz Intel® or equivalent.
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32/64bit), Vista (32/64bit) or Windows XP Service Pack 3.
- Graphics with 64 MB of memory (minimum).
- Sound card or on board sound.
- A free PCI slot.
- CD-ROM drive (for Software installation).