- Model Numbers
- System Requirements
Watch and record High Definition Satellite TV on your PC!
- High definition satellite DVB-S2 TV receiver for your PC. DVB-S digital satellite, too!
- Turn your PC into a video recorder for digital satellite TV!
WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 has these great TV watching features
- Digital satellite TV and radio for your PC. Watch free-to-air satellite TV, in a window or full screen on your PC!
- Record digital satellite TV to your PC's hard disk in original MPEG-2 quality. Digital TV recordings will typically take 1,5 Gigabytes of disk space per hour.
- Pause digital satellite TV with instant replay.
- Listen to digital satellite DVB-S/DVB-S2 radio.
- DiSEqC 1.0 support.
- Includes Hauppauge new IR remote control, for easy control of TV watching, record and play functions.
- Also compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista Media Center application*.
WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2: high definition Satellite TV for your PC! Watch and record free-to-air High Definition satellite TV (DVB-S2) and standard definition satellite TV (DVB-S) on your PC. Recordings are made to your PC's hard disk in the same qaulity as live TV. Listen and record digital satellite radio* too!
High Definition satellite TV brings you the best video quality and CD quality audio to your PC. WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 can receive "free-to-air" high definition broadcasts, such as Astra HD Promo, Anixe HD and BBC HD.
Turn your PC into a Digital Video Recorder for satellite TV. The WinTV v7 HD application is included to record standard or high definition digital satellite TV to your PC's hard disk, with "time shifting". A TV scheduler is included to automatically record your favourite TV shows on a daily, weekly or once only schedule.
Hauppauge's remote control makes WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 easy to use. Change channels, adjust audio volume, start recordings, play music, start a slide show, all from the comfort of your living room chair!
- DVB-S/DVB-S2 Radio is not DAB Radio.
- For Digital Satellite reception, your satellite dish must be aimed at a satellite which is transmitting free-to-air Sat TV. For example, Astra and Eutelsat provide free-to-air satellite channels.
- Some HD Digital Satellite channels are available on Astra and Eutelsat (via DVB-S2 transmission).
- To use the WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 for TV with the Windows XP Media Center application (DVB-S only and will require a patch from our website) a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder is required. If you are building a Media Center PC, refer Microsoft's web site for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only. The enclosed remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace Media Center remote control.
model 00229: WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 with DVB-S & DVB-S2 support and English manual
Included in the box
- WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 PCI card with built-in satellite DVB-S2 and DVB-S TV receivers.
- IR remote control transmitter and batteries.
- IR remote control receiver.
- Software on CD-ROM with WinTV v7 HD application and manual.
- Quick Installation Guide.
- Minimum processor 3.2 GHz Intel® P4 or equivalent.
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32/64bit), Vista (32/64bit) or Windows XP Service Pack 3.
- Graphics with 64 MB of memory (minimum).
- Sound card or on board sound.
- A free PCI slot.
- CD-ROM drive (for Software installation).