Colossus has these features:
- Record high definition video using H.264 video encoding with digital audio. Colossus is an internal PCI Express board, full height, and runs with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- Includes a built-in high quality hardware H.264 high definition encoder, for high performance, high quality video recordings
- Record high definition video at up to 1080i resolution. Also records standard definition video. Record at datarates from 1Mbs to 20Mbs.
- Record your game play in HD (up to 1080i) with component video and digital audio (optical) from Xbox360 or PS3 game consoles.
- Record your favorite TV programs from HD cable TV and satellite set top boxes. Colossus connects to most HD cable TV and satellite TV receivers with component video and optical digital audio. Stereo audio inputs are supported, too.
- Burn your video game play or your favorite TV programs onto AVCHD disks in high definition using standard DVD media (DVD burning software not included). These AVCHD disks can be played back on a blu-ray DVD player. Up to 2 hours of HD AVCHD video can be recorded on standard DVD-R disks at 5MBits/sec.
- Create HD recordings which can be played back on your PC screen or streamed to digital media players
- Includes Hauppauge's WinTV v7 TV application for automatic recording of TV programs from cable or satellite set top boxes
- Includes Hauppauge Capture to record video game play.
- Colossus has component video plus stereo and digital audio pass through, to allow HD recording and viewing at the same time.
- NTSC and PAL support
- HDMI input port included. If you have an un-encrypted HDMI video source, such as a digital SLR, you can record directly from this source.
Note: most cable and satellite TV receivers do not support un-encrypted HDMI video.
- Includes IR blaster and IR receiver/learn cable. Colossus can "learn" your cable TV or satellite remote control and can automatically change the channel on your set top box.
Record your high definition video gameplay and TV programs using H.264!
Colossus is a High Definition video recorder for making real-time H.264 compressed recordings at resolutions up to 1080i. HD PVR records component video (YCrCb) from video game consoles and cable TV and satellite set top boxes, with a built-in IR blaster to automatically change TV channels for scheduled recordings.
Colossus also has an HDMI input port, so you can record HD video at up to 1080i from a un-encrypted HDMI source.
Note: most cable and satellite TV set top boxes encrypt HDMI output, so you cannot record from these sources.
Audio is recorded using two channel stereo or optical audio with five channel Dolby Digital.
The recording format is AVCHD, which can be used to burn Blu-ray DVD disks. Two hours of HD recordings, recorded at 5 Mbits/sec, can be burnt onto a standard 4.7 GByte DVD-R or DVD-RW disk for playback on a Blu-ray DVD player.
Record your video game play
One of the popular uses for the Colossus is for recording video gameplay. As said on GeekTonic:
"Now I think anyone watching me play videogames is a sure-fire way to put them to sleep – or at least laugh at my videogame performance. But I know there is a very large number of videogamers using the HD-PVR to record their video gameplay."
Create your own HD video library ... burn your video recordings in a high definition blu-ray format!
The Colossuss amazing recording quality allows personal archival of your favorite TV programs. Record your TV programs in HD, then burn them onto a standard DVD disk (up to two hours) in a high definition AVCHD fomat.
Colossus connects to any component video equipped HD set top box. Colossus also has standard definition composite input so you can record your old home video tapes and then burn onto a DVD disk. (S-Video input available with optional cable.)
Turn your old home video tapes into Blu-ray DVD disks
You can also use Colossus to turn your old VCR tapes into Blu-ray disks. Record your video tapes using Colossus and then burn Blu-ray formatted DVD disks on your PC.
- H.264 AVCHD video encoder
- AC-3 recording from AC-3 source
- AAC audio encoding from PCM source
- Recording datarate: from 1 to 20 Mbits/sec (user selectable in the ArcSoft ShowBiz application)
- Recording format:
- up to 1080i from component video (YCrCb or YPrPb)
- NTSC: 720p60, 1080i60, 480i60, 480p60
- PAL: 720p50, 1080i50, 576p50, 576i50, 480p50, 480i50
Note: the video input format determines the recorded format. For example, 1080i input records at 1080i, 720P records at 720P, etc. Any other format conversions needs to be done with the MediaConvert program (supplied).
- NTSC or PAL supported
Input and outputs
Note: video input on Component and HDMI sources is limited to 1080i
- A/V cable input adapter with:
- Component video input
- Left/ Right RCA audio input
- A/V cable output adapter with loop through audio and video:
- Component video output
- Left/ Right RCA audio output
- Optical audio input and loop through output
- HDMI input (Note: for use with un-encrypted HDMI video sources)
- IR Blaster output
Note: when playing back video recordings made with the Colossus, a fast CPU and at least 256MB of graphics memory are needed.
- Microsoft® Windows 8®, 7®, Windows Vista with latest Service Pack or Windows XP Service Pack 3.
- Processor Requirements (minimum for HD playback): Dual core CPU 2.0GHz or faster
- Graphics with 256MB memory (or greater)
- PCI Express x1 slot
- Sound card for audio playback
- CD-ROM drive for installing the Colossus software
model 01412: Colossus with WinTV v7 and Arcsoft ShowBiz applications with English manual
Included in the box
- Colossus PCI Express full height board
- Hauppauge remote control
- A/V cable adapters (two sets supplied)
- Component video cable set
- IR blaster/receiver cable
- Installation software on CD: WinTV v7 and Arcsoft ShowBiz applications
- Quick Installation Guide
Bundled software applications
- Hauppauge Capture for video recording, fast trim and upload to YouTube
- Hauppauge WinTV v7 application, with support for the Hauppauge remote control and IR blaster