PCTV AndroiDTV 78e TV Tuner Overview
Watch, Record and Playback Freeview TV on Your Android Device Without Using Your 3G Data Allowance
PCTV Systems AndroiDTV 78E is the easiest way to watch Freeview TV on your Android device. This plug and play Freeview TV tuner is easy to set up and brings you Live Freeview TV wherever you are.
With our TVCenter Android application, you can also record your favourite TV programs to your Android device, and then play back those recordings anytime!
Busy all day? No problem! Set your Android phone aside and let our TVCenter Android app record your TV programmes. Watch them on your Android device when the time suits you. AndroiDTV is the perfect product on the go!
Follow a simple four step process and you’ll be watching Freeview TV in no time. And as long as you have access to a Freeview TV signal, you'll have live TV with you at all times.
Download the FREE TVCentre for Android app from the Google Play store. Next, plug in the AndroiDTV TV receiver into your Android device, open the PCTV TVCenter app and follow the on screen instructions. After you scan for Freeview TV channels in your area, you can start watching and recording high quality digital TV on your Android device. It’s that simple.
And you'll be able to enjoy your TV programmes on your Android device without using your 3G data allowance.
No Hidden Costs
PCTV Systems AndroiDTV has no subscription costs. You simply pay for the AndroiDTV device and then watch and record Freeview TV anywhere.
Watch TV on your Android device without using your data allowance
Even better is that AndroiDTV doesn’t use your mobile data plan allowance. The TV Tuner and aerial built into AndroiDTV picks up the DVB-T Freeview TV signal, never using your 3G data allowance.
How To Use Your PCTV Systems AndroiDTV
The TVCentre for Android app (available from the Google Play store) has a built in EPG (Electronic Program Guide) so you can plan or schedule TV recordings onto your mobile device. Or use the EPG just to check what’s on Freeview TV next.
TV in your pocket
Take the PCTV Systems AndroiDTV 78e with you wherever you go and have TV in your pocket. Connect and catch up on your favourite TV shows when you are out and about or watch something you have pre-recorded. It’s up to you.
PCTV Systems AndroiDTV uses the latest and best quality TV tuner chip technology to ensure crystal clear images and the best signal reception, even in remote locations. The latest technology allows PCTV Systems AndroiDTV to only measure 33mm (L) x 10mm (D) and 29mm (W) so it’s small enough to take anywhere. This state of the art technology also ensures quick channel changes and easy navigation through the settings, channel listings and on screen help menus.
Use the PCTV 78e on Windows, too!
The PCTV 78e can also be used on a Windows PC. We include the latest TVCenter application for Windows 8 and 7. A USB adapter cable is also provided so you can plug the 78e into a standard USB port on a laptop or desktop PC.
- Includes TVCenter for Windows (free download): watch TV full-screen or in a window
- Use TVCenter's "time shift" to stop and rewind live TV
- Watch and record to your hard drive - in the original digital TV quality
- Integrated EPG and ultra-fast Teletext (where available)
PCTV AndroiDTV 78e Features
- Freeview DVB-T tuner for your Android tablet or smartphone. TV tuner plugs into a micro USB port on an Android tablet or smartphone.
- Watch and record Freeview TV. Playback your recordings anytime!
- No data plan required. AndroiDTV 78e does not use any 3G data
- Download the free TVCentre for Android app from the Google Play store. The TVCenter app can be used to watch and record Freeview TV, plus includes an Electronic Program Guide.
- Includes telescoping Freeview TV aerial plus an additional external antenna
PCTV AndroiDTV 78e Specifications
- TVCenter for Android app for live TV and recording (free download from the Google Play Store
- Supported TV standards: Freeview DVB-T
- Antenna input: MCX connector
- Micro USB connector
TV recording formats
- Transport stream (the original transmitted format, without any quality loss)
Android System Requirements
- Android device with Android version 4.0.3 or later ('Ice Cream Sandwich’ or higher)
- Micro USB port on the Android device
- Ability to download an app from the Google Play Store
PCTV AndroDTV 78e Compatibility with Android devices
TV Center for Android requires an Android device with micro USB port, minimum 1 Ghz dual-core-processor, Neon support (for example NVIDIA Tegra 3), USB-Host functionality, as well as Android 4.0.3 (“Ice Cream Sandwich”) or newer.
Here is a list of Android devices we have tested. If you have any questions on an Android device which is not on this list, please send us a message and we'll see if your Android device is compatible: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acer ICONIA TAB A510
- ARCHOS 101 XS
- Asus EeePad2 (TF201), Fonepad, MEMO Pad, Memo Pad smart 10" me301, Asus New Nexus 7, Asus Nexus 7, Asus Nexus 10, PadPhone Infinity
- HTC Butterfly, New One, One X, One X Plus
- Kruger&Matz Tablet 7" model KM0793
- LG G PRO
- Mi 2S Z
- Modecom FreeTAB 9701 HD
- Plug Impact 2
- RockChip RK3066 device
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4
- Samsung using Micro USB adapter cable (supplied): Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy TAB 2
- Sony ARC S (LT18i), Xperia VC, Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia Z Ultra
model 23123:PCTV Systems AndroiDTV DVB-T TV receiver
Included in the box
- PCTV Systems AndroiDTV DVB-T Freeview TV Tuner with integrated antenna
- Micro-USB cable for powering your PCTV Systems AndroiDTV
- Additional DVB-T antenna (with coaxial cable connector)
- Quick Start Guide
- Box Contains