PLEASE NOTE : These are the Community Forums (user-to-user), the Hauppauge team try to assist as time allows. Please use the email or telephone support if necessary as their tickets have priority!

+ Reply to Thread

Default HD PVR 2 Sound problems

Hi there,

I hope you can help me with a problem I am having. Set up was going well with the HDPVR2 until I hit a snag. The audio has a terrible buzzing sound when I start running the pvr. I have it set up on a PS3. The buzzing sound is coming from the TV and on the laptop I am using. When I disconnect the cables for the audio and just run my ps3 normally without the PVR I don't get this sound problem. I have a feeling it's something really simple like my audio settings or something. Please help

Default Re: HD PVR 2 Sound problems

Herrow to you to :3

Anywho i think i can help by a few quick settings, not too sure if this will fix the buzzing sound :L, when ever i have a buzzing sound its normally the cable's fault(Because of faulty shielding. then i just go and replace the cable.
    in format settings for the HDPVR2 set the audio sampling rate to 44.1Khz and set the bit rate to 320kbps if you are using the component cables. Also Try running the HDPVR but not connecting the usb, since the usb is a grounded device, it can generate a noise like your describing.

Thanks for this. If the change of settings do not help, I'll go back to the store and demand a replacement for the cables Thanks so much.

No worries, Glad to Help. Let me know if it works because im archiving a list of tips n tricks/solution to problems

I was having some audio problems with my HD PVR 2 with my Xbox 360 via my Macbook Pro. I checked the cables and everyone of them produced that noise. I tinkered around in the audio setting on the Xbox and I got rid of that sound. Here is my tutorial video on how to fix it.