PLEASE NOTE : These are the Community Forums (user-to-user), the Hauppauge team try to assist as time allows. Please use the email or telephone support if necessary as their tickets have priority!

+ Reply to Thread

Default Problems to find new HD channels in Germany

Hi there,
    I'm using the Windows 7 MediaCenter with the Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 since some years. To get the free HD channels in Germany I used the following tool in the past from this forum:

http://www.wintvcd.co.uk/downloads/m...2PatchTool.exe

But today new HD channels go live in Germany and at least one important one "Das Erste HD" moved to a different transponder. After a full scan, I found only 2 new HD channels (they are using an older transponder), but not all others (on new transponder). With the above mentioned tool I imported sucessfully a new satellit.xml (followed by a reboot), which are posted on the German Hauppage page. I also checked the entries and they seem to be correct.

Any ideas, what I might have done wrong? Any further hints, what I can check?

I'm using this driver version: 2.126.28225

Default Re: Problems to find new HD channels in Germany

the satelites.xml file has just been updated. please re-download it now.
    Click here to see how to capture the right logs files for your problem for WinTV v7. You MUST attach logs files for us to effectively help you.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?22310

This forum is User -> User support only. It is a supplement to Phone/E-mail Support. This forum is not monitored by Hauppauge Technical Support. If you require official Technical Support / Customer Service / Pre-Sales please CALL on 020 3405 1717 (UK) or if you are not located in the UK contact numbers are here:

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/contact/contact_us.html or e-mail: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/supp...upcontact.html

Keep up to date with Hauppauge news online

Hello Mr X,
    thanks a lot for the update. I got some more HD channels now, e.g. "WDR HD Aachen".
    But I'm afaid some are still missing like the new "Das Erste HD", "3Sat HD", "Kika HD" (or maybe "Kinderkanal HD"), "Phoenix HD", "Arte HD" (currently only the old channel).
    Any further ideas?

Thanks in advance

mmh, I'm still not getting the following channels: "Das Erste HD", "3Sat HD", "Kika HD", "Phoenix HD", "Arte HD", but the new channel "WDR HD".
    Has anybody further ideas, what I can try to get these channels?
    With the program dvbviewer it is not a problem to get them. Therefore I would assume, that the satellits.xml does not have all needed infos.

Hi, i had simular issue.

I was able to find WDR HD and some ZDF HD (neo,info) channels even before i updated the satelites.xml via the full transponder scan. But I also could not find the channels that you have mentioned. Searching the transponder manually didn't help. (No signal strength)

I tried updating the satelites.xml (Astra 19,2 and Astra 19,2 German), however the fullscan was not able to fiend any new channels. Searching the transponder manually now worked for me. Have you give it a try?

Frequencies for manual search can be found here.

Hi Sobber,
    Thanks for the hint with the manual search. Now I have found the missing channels.