PLEASE NOTE : These are the Community Forums (user-to-user), the Hauppauge team try to assist as time allows. Please use the email or telephone support if necessary as their tickets have priority!

+ Reply to Thread

Default Why is the HD PVR incapable of being picked up by anything besides TotalMediaExtreme?

There are so many places I'd love to use my HD PVR, skype video calls, omegle, chatroulette, and especially Justin.TV and Ustream. The main problem I keep running into is every one of these say that "The device is currently being used by another application".

So why is this? Does TotalMediaExtreme have some sort of special coding in it that allows it to pick up the signal of the HD PVR? Is TotalMediaExtreme always running in the background, stopping the PVR from being used anywhere else? I remember one day I got Omegle to pick up the PVR out of sheer luck, I have no idea what I did but I got it to work once, so I know that its possible.

Default Re: Why is the HD PVR incapable of being picked up by anything besides TotalMediaExtr

It's usually just down to limitations of the software you're trying to use. Most of the software you mentioned above is just coded to look for simple web cams, or old-school analog devices that output (standard def or lower resolution) raw video frames. The HDPVR outputs high definition H.264 video, and these apps dont know what to do with it, so they dont list this device as an option. There is nothing to stop these applications from using this device if they wanted to, but they'd need to be updated to handle the H.264 input.

There is other apps besides TME that support the HDPVR, and more appearing all the time. You can use PVR apps like NextPVR or Mediaportal, or if you wanted to stream to justin.tv or ustream you can use xsplit etc.

Default Re: Why is the HD PVR incapable of being picked up by anything besides TotalMediaExtr

Also WinTV 7 works :-)
    Click here to see how to capture the right logs files for your problem for WinTV v7. You MUST attach logs files for us to effectively help you.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?22310

This forum is User -> User support only. It is a supplement to Phone/E-mail Support. This forum is not monitored by Hauppauge Technical Support. If you require official Technical Support / Customer Service / Pre-Sales please CALL on 020 3405 1717 (UK) or if you are not located in the UK contact numbers are here:

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/contact/contact_us.html or e-mail: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/supp...upcontact.html

X-Split is what you want. Once you get it dialed in its very easy to use. Lots of guides on the internet - just make sure you know your upload speed and scale accordingly