PLEASE NOTE : These are the Community Forums (user-to-user), the Hauppauge team try to assist as time allows. Please use the email or telephone support if necessary as their tickets have priority!

+ Reply to Thread

Default How to get HD PVR to record Turtle Beach x41 mic/party sounds?

Anyone know?

I've got an optical cable from the audio out on the TBs that plugs into the optical audio in on the PVR but no joy.

Default Re: How to get HD PVR to record Turtle Beach x41 mic/party sounds?

On your xbox go to preferences and set voice to "Both" instead of "headphone". Now you will hear your friends voices in your recordings.

Sorted that thanks. Is there a way to also record my voice for it? It sounds odd as the conversation is obviously broken without my voice which is sort of the most important?

Yes there is a way to record your voice as well. You need to go to radio shack and get a 2.5mm stereo audio Y Splitter with 2.5mm stereo out ports. You will also need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm(1/8) adapter. Hook the Y splitter first on your xbox controller mic then on one of the out ports hook up your turtle beach talk back cable. On the other port put the adapter in. Then insert the 1/8 cable and from there that cable will go into your laptop's/pc's mic in. Keep in mind though that most new laptops will not be able to record a line in source and you will be forced to buy a usb mic in/line in usb recorder unless you have a PC then you don't have to worry about this. I had to do this for my laptop. You will also need a program like audacity to record everything.

I got this but am struggling. First the x41 chat sounds horrible in my ears when set to both instead of headphone but I can live with it if I have to.

I am also recording the mic sounds and have a program that delays it so they are in sync. The problem I now have is that the party chat is repeated twice in the stream. I currently have it set up so that the 2.5mm splitter is in the headphones. 1 end of it goes to the talkback cable and the other goes into the laptop.

I tried with the splitter in the controller but noone could hear my chatting.

Example: http://www.twitch.tv/timpeytv/b/312502141

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that if you intended on doing the other way using the audio adapter that you should set the voice to headphone. If you set it to both while streaming to twitch that would cause it to repeat twice.

As for the Y audio adapter it should work just fine from the controller. Did you set it up like this?

Xbox Controller
    ^
    Y audio adapter
    1. Left Port Plug - 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter
    2. Right Port Plug - TB Talkback cable
    ^
    3.5mm cable hooks into the adapter and then that goes into your PC/Laptop on the mic input

Edit: I re-read what you wrote. It doesn't matter where you put the Y audio adapter either on the controller port or by the headphone. You will still achieve the same thing. I prefer to put it in the controller. How are you recording the voices on the laptop? Are you using the "mic in" port? Or are you switching it to "line in"? As for the voice sync. I've found that as long as you get your voices from the controller everything should be fairly synced. But what voice delay program are you using might I ask?

Using a free program called "Radio Delay". Does exactly that is needed and very simple to use, excellent find.

I was thinking about the duplicate thing last night and it might be that it was recording the voices when it was set to headphone only. If this is the case it is a full win win as the sound for me and on the stream is lots better. Will test and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Timpey View Post
    I was thinking about the duplicate thing last night and it might be that it was recording the voices when it was set to headphone only.
    Shouldn't be. It only happens when you set it to both.

Lol, why the hustle with buying.. When you start recording, turn on your pc mic and something to record your voice like the standard recorder,, then have your friends ask you something and answer it. ( makes it easy to sync) after recording use any video editor and put your own recording in.

And if you are live streaming just turn on stereo mix and turn on your mic. In your streaming program dont forfet to set stereomix as device