PLEASE NOTE : These are the Community Forums (user-to-user), the Hauppauge team try to assist as time allows. Please use the email or telephone support if necessary as their tickets have priority!

+ Reply to Thread

Default No Signal - Random

I have had several instances of opening WinTV and it shows buffering to a previously viewed channel in my DB but then ends up with "No Signal" on screen. Is there something I can look at in a log to see what is causing this? Currently I am running 2.4c.

If restart my PC, Windows 7 64 bit it recovers and the tuner starts working again.

I have missed several scheduled recordings because of this. Does 2.4d fix anything to do with this?

Thanks

Mike
    MikeRla
    HVR-1950
    was 2.8a now 3.2 Installed

Default Re: No Signal - Random

This continues to happen - is there any log you can look at to see what is going on?

Thanks

Mike
    MikeRla
    HVR-1950

@TNG and Mr X - is there nothing to look at here that could explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerla View Post
    This continues to happen - is there any log you can look at to see what is going on?

Thanks

Mike
    MikeRla
    HVR-1950

Same thing is now happening with me. I thought it was something to do with Digital switch over etc etc so retuned my device and it shows all the channels but still cannot get past the Nog Signal screen on the strongest channel.
    I am fed up becasue before I went away about 3 weeks ago it was working fine.
    I just cannot work out a reason.

I'm a bit short on available time currently, but both of you reboot (to reset the logs), then reproduce the problem, and post the ExtendStreaming.txt and WinTVTranscode.txt and I'll try to take a look.

Also, what type of channel are you trying to watch? DVB-T/DVB-S/Analog/ATSC/QAM etc.

I'm guessing it's more driver/hardware related than application. Is there a particular reproducable pattern? Does it fix itself by unplugging the USB and replugging or just a reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerla View Post
    @TNG and Mr X - is there nothing to look at here that could explain this?
    Click here to see how to capture the right logs files for your problem for WinTV v7. You MUST attach logs files for us to effectively help you.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?22310

This forum is User -> User support only. It is a supplement to Phone/E-mail Support. This forum is not monitored by Hauppauge Technical Support. If you require official Technical Support / Customer Service / Pre-Sales please CALL on 020 3405 1717 (UK) or if you are not located in the UK contact numbers are here:

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/contact/contact_us.html or e-mail: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/supp...upcontact.html

Keep up to date with Hauppauge news online

What product do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelF View Post
    Same thing is now happening with me. I thought it was something to do with Digital switch over etc etc so retuned my device and it shows all the channels but still cannot get past the Nog Signal screen on the strongest channel.
    I am fed up becasue before I went away about 3 weeks ago it was working fine.
    I just cannot work out a reason.
    Click here to see how to capture the right logs files for your problem for WinTV v7. You MUST attach logs files for us to effectively help you.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?22310

This forum is User -> User support only. It is a supplement to Phone/E-mail Support. This forum is not monitored by Hauppauge Technical Support. If you require official Technical Support / Customer Service / Pre-Sales please CALL on 020 3405 1717 (UK) or if you are not located in the UK contact numbers are here:

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/contact/contact_us.html or e-mail: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/supp...upcontact.html

Keep up to date with Hauppauge news online

Traveling this week. Will try to reproduce this weekend and post the logs.
    MikeRla
    HVR-1950

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    I'm a bit short on available time currently, but both of you reboot (to reset the logs), then reproduce the problem, and post the ExtendStreaming.txt and WinTVTranscode.txt and I'll try to take a look.

Also, what type of channel are you trying to watch? DVB-T/DVB-S/Analog/ATSC/QAM etc.
    Here are the logs from the "Hung No Signal" condition. If I unplug the USB and put back it starts working again so it sounds like a driver issue...

Update: I just noticed that the latest version is now 2.5c, updated to that and testing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mikerla; 28-04-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Upgraded to 2.5c - TESTING
    MikeRla
    HVR-1950

I am still having this problem. Disconnect and reconnect of the USB fixes it. I am updating to 2.5d, I doubt that this will fix the problem.
    MikeRla
    HVR-1950