PLEASE NOTE : These are the Community Forums (user-to-user), the Hauppauge team try to assist as time allows. Please use the email or telephone support if necessary as their tickets have priority!

+ Reply to Thread

Default No Tuner Available in win7 64 bit Win TV-HVR-1700 solution without rebooting

There is a problem in the software that triggers this, a hardwareclear does not help.
    It comes back, i have found a solution to the problem its this that goes wrong.
    I use software wimtv v7.0.29304 cd.2.4d

What does happen is this, i do get two devices in the wintv7 program under configuration, devices
    Win TV-HVR-1700 mac adres 000DFE371E40 not availible
    Win TV-HVR-1700 mac adres 000DFE00000 availible

I think i should get only one!!!!! I have only one card i my pc.

To make this work again without any reboot go to the next folder
    C:\Users\Public\WinTV\Channel Database
    and open hcwChanDB_5.mdb in acces
    Go to hcwBoards tabel and open it

now you see two models id 1 and 2
    change id 1 to 5
    then change id 2 to 1
    than change id 5 to 2

you change number 1 en 2 than
    close your database and than you have tv again.

Looks like a software bug to me.
    Maybe the tv board does not come good to live again after a sleepmode ??? Not figured that out yet.
    I hope this will work for other people too.

Default Re: No Tuner Available in win7 64 bit Win TV-HVR-1700 solution without rebooting

I don't know why WinTV 7 cannot even detect both my HVR-1700 in Win 7 x64.

Anyway, I have 2 x HVR-1200 and a third phantom HVR-1200 with mac id 000DFE000000 which is not available.

Default Re: No Tuner Available in win7 64 bit Win TV-HVR-1700 solution without rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoxiao2011 View Post
    I don't know why WinTV 7 cannot even detect both my HVR-1700 in Win 7 x64.

Anyway, I have 2 x HVR-1200 and a third phantom HVR-1200 with mac id 000DFE000000 which is not available.
    Did you try a hardware clear?, that is the first thing i should do. Its in the wintv software where you unpack it.
    Then install the hvr-1700 drivers
    and reboot
    than install wintv 7
    May be this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnnnn View Post
    Did you try a hardware clear?, that is the first thing i should do. Its in the wintv software where you unpack it.
    Then install the hvr-1700 drivers
    and reboot
    than install wintv 7
    May be this helps
    Yes, I did everything I know.

Maybe WinTV is buggy when too many tuners is installed??
    I have 5 tuners in my PC.

reference tuner not found in win 7 64
    i have this problem when updating software from 2.2 to 2.4d luckly i have original disk this is on win card 1110 hv any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by petere View Post
    reference tuner not found in win 7 64
    i have this problem when updating software from 2.2 to 2.4d luckly i have original disk this is on win card 1110 hv any ideas
    Before you install it again please do a hardware clear otherwyse it does not help!!! That is what i found out.

using Johnnnn's advice I tried roughly the same procedure for my hvr 2250 when one of the tuners was unavailable, and used the software OpenOffice version 4.0.1 to acces it using the database option when opening program then selecting, connect to existing database, and selecting "microsoft access" in the drop tab, then press next the on next page of the start up you browse for the file Johnnnn described and press finish once selected. follow Johnnn's directions to pull up the proper page. if under the Present tab the tuners that is unavailable is listed as 0, change the value to 1, save and close out of program and restart WinTV.

This solution fixed the problem for me, but the Changing of the tuner IDs (as Johnnn Described) just changed the order listed inside Win TV and made the Available tune not be found.

Hope this helps anyone with this problem or the problem I had.