PLEASE NOTE : These are the Community Forums (user-to-user), the Hauppauge team try to assist as time allows. Please use the email or telephone support if necessary as their tickets have priority!

+ Reply to Thread

Post Hauppauge HD PVR m2ts problems with sony vegas pro 10

Hey all,

I got a new pvr last week, and it works great. Only i have 1 problem and i cant seem to fix it.

When i record something it will output a m2ts, (yeah i am recording with the PS3 format for better quality) that i want to edit and render in Sony Vegas Pro 10 ( i tried 9 also)
    But everytime i tried to load the M2TS file the programs hangs and i really think it has something to do with the m2ts file. Why?

1 : Every other file works in Sony Vegas Pro 10

2 : I found some tips on the forums about fixing the m2ts file with VideoRedo (Quickstream Fix) and it converts to a .MPG that works perfectly in Sony Vegas Pro but i want to work with the raw footage for better editing.

3 : i tried it to open it in River Past Video Cleaner, and the program says there is something wrong with the audio of the M2TS file (maybe that is the problem why it crashes in Sony Vegas?)

Does anyone else has this problem? Or does someone has a fix so that i can use the raw M2TS files in Vegas Pro.

Default Re: Hauppauge HD PVR m2ts problems with sony vegas pro 10

I am having this problem as well, and the link posted with answer seems to be dead.

The files are reporting a frame rate of 119.880. VLC, Sony Vegas, WMP, and Quicktime player all report this high FPS.

Vegas crashes during import.

I am confident this is not a computer specs problem.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

See my comment in [URL="http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?21742-.M2TS-or-.TS-file-type-CRASHING-Sony-Vegas"]

I have posted in some of the other thread on possible solutions - thread on Sony Bravia TV and .m2ts or .ts file crashing Sony Vegas. I think the file you are trying to edit is not formatted well. Either when capturing your recording the video or audio streams changed format for either a short time or more (can happen if capturing a TV show that has commercials or starting a video from a DVR with keep original format enabled). I have had issues where the first 30 seconds would be 2.0 audio and the rest 5.1 and some players would indicate that the video was only 30 seconds long whereas others would indicate no length but would play the entire file. I have had success capturing via the AVCHD format and then running the files through tsMuxeR which tends to clean up the format. The output from tsMuxeR I use is .m2ts; therefore, I am taking a .ts file as input and outputting a .m2ts file. That usually seems to allow me to then import it into Vegas Pro ok. I also think that Vegas Pro likes BDAV container files better than MPEG-TS files but that just might be the videos I have tried. I basically try to get the files in the same format as my Sony HD camcorder so that is where I ran across the MPEG-TS vs BDAV container idea. Hope this helps.

lol, got it fixed a very long time ago, but didnt know i still had a thread here .

I installed the 1.5.7.0 drivers, and now my m2ts files are working perfect in Sony Vegas, i am using Vegas Pro 11 . I dont have to convert any files now .

So if anyone still got problems with m2ts files and Sony Vegas, try the 1.5.7.0 drivers

Quote Originally Posted by MrGizMo View Post
    lol, got it fixed a very long time ago, but didnt know i still had a thread here .

I installed the 1.5.7.0 drivers, and now my m2ts files are working perfect in Sony Vegas, i am using Vegas Pro 11 . I dont have to convert any files now .

So if anyone still got problems with m2ts files and Sony Vegas, try the 1.5.7.0 drivers
    Actually use the new 1.7.1.30059 drivers.

Your best bet is to convert the file into a .avi or .mp4 container .m2ts is extremely sluggish with sony vegas.

I'm having this same problem, please read my thread at
    http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/forum/sho...dio-Platinum-9