When a new CD is released All Threads with no posts on for 2 months will automatically be purged, to help improve the support given to you. Please retry on the latest CD and raise a new post against the current CD. (This applies to the WinTV v7 Forums only) Hopefully this will mean threads not getting missed and ultimately help you.
If your problem is fixed please try and post back to say so, as these posts will then be moved to the Fixed forum for the benefit of other users.
Any Threads without the Product name in the title and accurate description is likely to be edited/removed.
Before starting a new thread, please ensure you have these logs files to attach to your thread. Failure to do so will likely mean you post going unanswered as without these it's hard to help.
1. ISSUES WITH THE APP (Not doing as expected or not getting audio/video/subtitles etc)
1. Reproduce the problem during the CURRENT WinTV session as the log.txt is overwritten after each WinTV session.
2. Click on Configuration -> Advanced Options -> Open Logs Directory
3. Attached log.txt for ALL issues
4. Attached WinTVRec.txt for any scheduled recording issues
2. ISSUES WITH YOUR BOARD NOT BEING DETECTED
1. First check the version of C:\windows\system32\MSDVBNP.AX (XP SP3 should be 6.5.2600.5512)
2. If you have MULTIPLE boards (e.g HVR-1300 and Nova-HD-S2) make sure you run the installaton with only the HVR-1300 installed, so the full range of files are installed)
3. Click on Configuration -> Advanced Options -> Enable extended logging (requires reboot)
4. Reboot the PC then Click on Configuration -> Advanced Options -> Open Logs Directory
5. Attach detect.log, tvserver.txt, pci.txt and usb.txt
3. ISSUES WITH THE APPLICATION CRASHING
1. Click on Configuration -> Advanced Options -> Open Logs Directory
2. Browse to the folder "minidump"
3. You should see a file frontend-crash-YYMMDD-HHMMSS.mdmp
Please zip this and upload and attach in your Thread.
4. ISSUES WITH SIGNAL STRENGTH
Use this independant tool and post up the logs.
5. ISSUES WITH REGULAR DISPLAY CORRUPTION
If you see a regular momentary display corruption that is NOT signal related
Run this tool:
See if the DPC latency spikes at the same points as the image breaks up. Drivers for other cards (e.g. Wireless LAN can cause Latency spikes on your PC, which can cause this issue)
Last edited by Mr X; 02-10-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Click here to see how to capture the right logs files for your problem for WinTV v7. You MUST attach logs files for us to effectively help you.
This forum is User -> User support only. It is a supplement to Phone/E-mail Support. This forum is not monitored by Hauppauge Technical Support. If you require official Technical Support / Customer Service / Pre-Sales please CALL on 020 3405 1717 (UK) or if you are not located in the UK contact numbers are here:
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/contact/contact_us.html or e-mail: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/supp...upcontact.html
Keep up to date with Hauppauge news online