PLEASE NOTE : These are the Community Forums (user-to-user), the Hauppauge team try to assist as time allows. Please use the email or telephone support if necessary as their tickets have priority!

+ Reply to Thread

Post Problem with WinTV HVR 1950

I purchased a WinTV HVR 1950 a while back for playing my PS2 on. I spent a whole day getting the thing to work and it finally worked (I'm on Windows 7 x64 with 4GB RAM so I encountered the game mode crash problem, and updated to 1.3e, which fixed it). I played with it for about a week with minimal problems. Until now. I booted my computer and tried to open WinTV 7, but it didn't find the TV Tuner. Not only that, but I constantly heard the discovered new device sound and the disconnected device sound alternating. So I checked control panel's hardware and printers and I saw under sound a device listed as WinTV. So I opened up the installer I downloaded for 1.3 and uninstalled. then I rebooted and re-installed. Or at least tried, now I run the driver install and it works perfectly. I reboot and run the WinTV install, but then it tells me that "No device attached or no driver installed" after installing the drivers again. I've tried several times and I've gotten something slightly different every time, some times it tells me to reboot after installing drivers sometimes not. And I've uninstalled everything and rebooted several times too. I had this problem once before, but the solution was to unplug the TV Tuner then plug it in again, but this time that isn't fixing anything. I would really like some help with this is possible.

Also, why does the installer have to be so complicated? I'm a computer programmer and I still don't get how the installer works...

EDIT: I just realized I put this in the wrong board, I'm in the US.

Default Re: Problem with WinTV HVR 1950

I hope bumping is allowed here, because I'm still having this problem.

Update:
    I stumbled upon this bit of info from Windows:
    Code:
    Source
    Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1950 (Model 75xxx, Hybrid ATSC/QAM)

Summary
    Could not load driver software

Date
    ‎6/‎21/‎2010 1:33 PM

Status
    Not reported

Description
    Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 10.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:	PnPDeviceProblemCode
    Architecture:	x64
    Hardware Id:	USB\VID_2040&PID_7501&REV_0800
    Setup class GUID:	{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    PnP problem code:	0000000A
    Driver name:	hcw73bda.sys
    Driver version:	3.1.27238.0
    Driver date:	08-27-2009
    OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID:	1033

Files that help describe the problem
    DMI2145.tmp.log.xml
    oem12.inf
    The_files_it_mentioned.zip - 11.3 Kb

Note that there was one of these entries per each time I tried to get it working.

Why do I get the strange feeling I'm being ignored?

It wont be a case of "being ignored", but rather your posts arent being read by the appropriate people.

You're probably best to contact the US support team by phone or using the support page at http://www.hauppauge.com/site/suppor...t_contact.html.

This forum isnt an official support channel, and is really just a 'user to user' forum. There is some Hauppauge people that drop by most days, but they typically only answer stuff that is in their particular areas of expertise, or if they're familiar with the issue being described.

Thanks. It just seemed like there were a few people who replied to every post but mine :P

I know, another bump/doublepost. But I got it working! I just ran the installer in administrator mode.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFlame View Post
    I purchased a WinTV HVR 1950 a while back for playing my PS2 on. I spent a whole day getting the thing to work and it finally worked (I'm on Windows 7 x64 with 4GB RAM so I encountered the game mode crash problem, and updated to 1.3e, which fixed it). I played with it for about a week with minimal problems. Until now. I booted my computer and tried to open WinTV 7, but it didn't find the TV Tuner. Not only that, but I constantly heard the discovered new device sound and the disconnected device sound alternating. So I checked control panel's hardware and printers and I saw under sound a device listed as WinTV. So I opened up the installer I downloaded for 1.3 and uninstalled. then I rebooted and re-installed. Or at least tried, now I run the driver install and it works perfectly. I reboot and run the WinTV install, but then it tells me that "No device attached or no driver installed" after installing the drivers again. I've tried several times and I've gotten something slightly different every time, some times it tells me to reboot after installing drivers sometimes not. And I've uninstalled everything and rebooted several times too. I had this problem once before, but the solution was to unplug the TV Tuner then plug it in again, but this time that isn't fixing anything. I would really like some help with this is possible.

Also, why does the installer have to be so complicated? I'm a computer programmer and I still don't get how the installer works...

EDIT: I just realized I put this in the wrong board, I'm in the US.
    Having a similar issue with the HVR-1950 as well. See my thread here:
    http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=21015