I'm using the WinTV HVR-1110 (67xxx) which works most of the time yet ever now and then the Capture Plugin of the WinTV7 TVServer crashes and as a consequence, WinTV7 shows the No Signal image. The same thing tends to happen in the background with the TVScheduler as well.
These are the event details taken from the Windows Event Log:
Faulting application name: CAPTUR~3.EXE, version: 1.0.27310.0, time stamp: 0x4af4712f
Faulting module name: VBICodec.ax, version: 6.6.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb22
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000a185
Faulting process id: 0x53c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cabeb7a18796c7
Faulting application path: C:\PROGRA~2\WinTV\TVServer\CAPTUR~3.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\VBICodec.ax
Report Id: ebb92b94-2b43-11df-92b0-005056c00008
- Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 [Version 6.1.7600]
- Chipset: Intel P35 ICH9R (Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6) (8GB)
- CPU: Intel Q9650
- GPU: NVIDIA 8800 GTS
- Audio: Creative SB X-Fi
- Device: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 67xxx Capture Device oem14.inf:Hauppauge.NTAMD64.6:Hauppauge_6701:1.40. 1.27274ci\ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_67010070
- Hauppauge WinTV7 - WinTV v7.0.27323
- VBICodec.ax dated 2009-07-14, size 153,600 bytes
- CAPTUR~3.EXE - CaptureGenPCI.exe 1.0.27310.0
If it could be of use, I've uploaded some of the latest minidumps generated. In my research I came to know that the VBICodec.ax is a so-called DirectShow filter yet it is not clear what the root cause is. Has anyone ever seen such behavior before or could give some comments on the error encountered? What is the relationship between WinTV7 and VBICodec.ax?
Edit: Uploaded Logs.zip containing all logs and minidump of a single crash.