Nothing but problems…now
I am having nothing but problems with my HD PVR recorder, I am always getting this message-(this was b4 I stalled the new drivers)
“the device is not available, or is being used by other application. Please close any applications that u may be using and try again”
Its even worst now that I downloaded the new updates from acrsoft and the new drivers from Hauppauge (Hdpvr_188.8.131.52).
After installing the new drives I am lucky if I get about 5minutes record time.
After installing the problems are now when I try to record, the capture lasts about 5mins then the screen goes black.
When i stop the capture, the unit’s blue light is still on, and looking like its still recording, but on my pc the capture screen just crashes.
Do u think this is a hardware issue or a software issue?
Their must be someone out their who can help me with this problem.
Re: Nothing but problems…now
Here are some steps I took when trying to get the HD PVR working:
· Install the drivers/software.
· Uninstall and reinstall the drivers/software.
· Go into device manager and disable windows from putting usb devices to sleep (there's a thread on how to do this).
· Click Start->Run (or hold the windows key and while holding press the "r" key) type "msconfig." Under the startup tab click "disable all." Under the services tab, check the box that says "Hide Microsoft Services" then click "disable all." You may notice arcsoft entries, keep them disabled. This may disable any anti-virus/spyware software you have. You can always launch these manually or selectively enable them at a later time, keep them disabled for now.
· Disable the option about 'previewing while recording.'
· Disable 'enable hardware support.'
Selectively enable each item individually, testing the product again to see if you can isolate the problem or leave it all disabled if you're fine with that (as your machine will probably perform better anyway.
I had this problem occur once but I don't recall which of these suggestions resolved it. I'm guessing it was because it was configured to run at startup, which would make the device 'busy' before you even launch the software.
Re: Nothing but problems…now
First of all: which source are you capturing from? Xbox, PS3, TV...?
Originally Posted by hub223
Second of all: the "used by other application" message appears when you change the resolution of your source. For example you're capturing from a channel that broadcasts in 512i and then you change to a 720p one. Unfortunately the HD PVR keeps all the information about your source if it has electricity. So, for example, if on monday you succesfully capture from an Xbox (720p) and on tuesday from Nintendo Wii (480p), on tusday you're gonna meet the "used by another application" problem because the device is still expecting the same, old 720p source.
I hope you'll understand since my english doesn't cover technical stuff very well.
To solve the "used by another app" problem first your source must be connected and working. Then you have to full restart your HD PVR. To do this, close your TME, turn your device off by pressing the button, UNPLUG the power supply, PRESS the on-off button again (it won't turn on but it will burn all the remains of electricity that are keeping the memory of the device alive) and RE-PLUG the power supply.