PDA

View Full Version : Hauppauge Capture mic input issue

CXloud
07-05-2013, 06:52 PM
I posted this in the 'Hauppauge capture released' thread, but thought I'd start a new one explaining my problem.

I'm having issues with the mic input feature. Is it actually a working feature? As it doesn't seem to be picking up my microphone, I've tried everything, but with no luck. Also, is the feature supposed to be disable on the streameeze section? As doing live commentary during my livestreams would be excellent.

Or is the only current way of getting external mic input to use a mixer?

Any suggestions?

NeedsMoreSleep
07-05-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm having issues with the mic input feature. Is it actually a working feature? Yes, it's a working feature when used with an HDPVR2 device. As long as your microphone device has standard Windows drivers then it should show up.

The mic selection is disabled when using either a Colossus or original HDPVR, since these devices don't currently have mic support.

Robo_Raver
08-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Coreect, this only works on the HD-PVR 2, HD-PVR 2 GE and HD-PVR 2 GE Plus hardware models

CXloud
08-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Okay, that's great that it works. But not so great that I can't get it working.
I have an HD PVR 2 GE, the choices for mic input show up under the capture tab, but when trying to record voice whilst capturing the game doesn't work. But the mic works in any other audio software.
Also the mic input option just always says 'None' when I'm on streameeze and won't allow me to choose a mic input.
Any suggestions?
Would it be worth uninstalling all the old software + new software and drivers, then reinstall Hauppauge Capture by itself?

Robo_Raver
09-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Yes, try uninstalling and re-installing and then check your sound card mixer settings (maybe you have more then 1 audio controlling software on your PC ?)