PDA

View Full Version : WinTV Extend - Stream Quality

uspino
30-06-2010, 03:44 PM
After more than a month of extensive use, WinTV Extend is almost there as a great viable place-shifting solution, but it still needs a stable, good-quality stream. Iíve followed this kind advice (http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=94404&postcount=7)but the video freezes after a few seconds in the iPad or the remote PC if you use a resolution higher than the standard 320x240. I use a 2250 and a HD-PVR as a source and it happens to both of them when the source is HD.

What Iím looking forward to is just a slightly better stream quality, not 1080p, just something like 640x480 or 800x600 at 1024 Kbps. The stream looks really good at that rate, until it freezes (incidentally, if I hit the 30 sec back button the stream starts from the beginning and plays for a little longer before freezing again). It seems to be a buffering problem, with maybe a simple solution, but iPhone Apps like StreamToMe or Air Video work so well transcoding video on-the-fly that I might be spoiled when I expect the same for LiveTV with Hauppauge.

Please keep updating the software (Wimbledon and the World Cup are so tempting!)