PDA

View Full Version : Problems importing m2ts files into Vegas Pro 9.0

XTheWitchX
06-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Anyone having issues when you try and import the m2ts file into Vegas? It hangs for a while only to give you an error which says the following -

"Warning: An error occurred while opening one or more files.

The file could not be opened. Make sure the file exists and that you have access to the file/folder."

I have 2 files, both m2ts yet one of them will NOT open. Please help. :(

andRAWR
11-05-2010, 11:08 AM
I have also been having the same problem

Vegas 9.0 is supposed to support m2ts files, I checked this before even buying it

since I dont know how to get the files in Vegas I just use the total media converter to make it .wmv

it's a pain to have to convert first but I still dont know of a better way.

vivid dark side
16-05-2010, 07:40 AM
yup same problem,wont work in vegas movies studio or vegas 9,only thing i can do is convert to wmv then edit,sucks i know:(

XTheWitchX
16-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Ok, question.. do you rename the video files before importing them to Vegas? I have noticed that when i did that on two occassions that's when i had the problem. Strange i know but it could be the cause. :(

Zebra
21-05-2010, 08:20 PM
It does work for me but the sound is missing (I've recently updated the program and haven't had time to test it since then). I didn't do anything to the files after recording (not renaming them or editing them in any way) and simply imported them straight into Vegas.

rainman
25-05-2010, 11:34 AM
I've also had problems with opening m2ts files in Vegas that were created by the HD PVR.

Apparantly (dont quote me on this) the HD PVR uses a codec that video editing software cant handle, so I've read on multiple forums, which is why Vegas splutters trying to open these files.

The work around I found is record in MP4 format and then use a little video editor called VideoReDo TVSuite H.264 (download trial here (http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?t=15759)). The VideoReDo software has an option called QuickStream Fix that re-fixes the MP4 file and removes any errors.

Once I've ran the file using VideoReDo I can then import it into Vegas and edit it as normal.

I know this doesnt solve the m2ts file problem but it could be a viable work around. Look through the VideoReDo forum to see if there are mentions of using m2ts files.

DeVaSTaTol2
26-05-2010, 03:36 AM
I've also had problems with opening m2ts files in Vegas that were created by the HD PVR.

Apparantly (dont quote me on this) the HD PVR uses a codec that video editing software cant handle, so I've read on multiple forums, which is why Vegas splutters trying to open these files.

The work around I found is record in MP4 format and then use a little video editor called VideoReDo TVSuite H.264 (download trial here (http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?t=15759)). The VideoReDo software has an option called QuickStream Fix that re-fixes the MP4 file and removes any errors.

Once I've ran the file using VideoReDo I can then import it into Vegas and edit it as normal.

I know this doesnt solve the m2ts file problem but it could be a viable work around. Look through the VideoReDo forum to see if there are mentions of using m2ts files.

So you used the media converter to get it into a MP4 and then used the Videoredo and it worked in Vegas? I have Sony Vegas 9 Platinum Edition but if it worked in Pro it should still work in the Platinum version.

rainman
29-05-2010, 02:21 PM
So you used the media converter to get it into a MP4 and then used the Videoredo and it worked in Vegas?

Yeah. I've captured in MP4 then used Videoredo to fix it then was able to import into Vegas. I've now tested capturing m2ts. ts and MP4 but vegas cant import the files, unable to open.

DeVaSTaTol2, are you simply capturing and then import straight into vegas? If so what settings or video size are you using?

I really think this is down to a settings problem as people can use the m2ts format with no problems at all. Just need to figure out the settings and I'm sure it can work.

iJFAT
29-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm running across this problem too. I was panicing and thinking I wasted 90$ on Sony Vegas 9 platinum aswell. So really all I need to do is download videoredo trial version and it will fix the mpeg4 files from my HD pvr, allowing them to be imported into SVP9? Does the videoredo leave watermarks or have a time trial period? What do you think would be the best route for me to go at this point. What's the best/most effecient way to record using TME then editing clips with SVP9? Sorry if this is straight forward Im using my iPhone to post this.
Thank you,
-Johnny.

rainman
31-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Does the videoredo leave watermarks or have a time trial period?

It doesnt leave watermarks or have any restrictions but it does havea trial period of 30 days. Its worth downloading and trying it to see if it works.

For me I havent bothered buying videoredo as I'm determined to get this working. I've been able to record a short M2TS and it worked fine with Sony Vegas but when I tried again its back to the same problem. :mad:

XTheWitchX
13-06-2010, 05:55 PM
It doesnt leave watermarks or have any restrictions but it does havea trial period of 30 days. Its worth downloading and trying it to see if it works.

For me I havent bothered buying videoredo as I'm determined to get this working. I've been able to record a short M2TS and it worked fine with Sony Vegas but when I tried again its back to the same problem. :mad:

Have you had any luck and found a fix yet? It's weird coz randomly after i record the file won't import and will show as "Unknown" when I browse for the file and then sometimes the recordings are fine and i have no problem importing them to Sony Vegas.

I wish somebody found a fix for this. The only option is to convert to wmv using Arcsoft Media Converter which takes a while. Ugh! It's such a nuisance! :(

rainman
17-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Have you had any luck and found a fix yet?

I've managed to fix it but a little stumped on how exactlty as I've been reading so many suggestions.

One thing I noticed that seemed to change how Vegas reconised the video file was changing the audio setting in the capture software. Under format settings in the capture software change the audio to AAC from AC3 or vice versa - after I did this I was able to open the file with Vegas but only to be face with different problems.

I've also installed Apple Quick Time (free version) and a codec called K-Lite Codec Pack. Doing this seemed to fix Vegas bumming out on me.

Try changing the audio settings first and see how that works out.